Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Perfect Storm

Occasionally several forces come together to create a deal that only comes along once in a while. In this case, I managed to use a coupon, a sale, and a free gift card to create the mother of all deals... the perfect storm.

Those of you without kids don't know the bane of existence known as diaper shopping. They're expensive and the bigger your child gets, the less diapers come in a package, as if they were a drug that you've built up a tolerance against that requires more and more to get the same fix. A cruel injustice to parents everywhere. Thankfully, Target offered a sale where if you bought 3 jumbo packs of diapers for $8.99 you'd receive a $5 gift card. That's not a great deal, after all a "jumbo" pack of diapers only has about 50 diapers, which lasts about 10 days if you're lucky. But I went shopping with my mom who had a 10 percent off Target coupon. So 3 diapers for $27, minus $2.70 is $24.30 plus the $5 gift card. AND I had 3 coupons for $3 off each diaper pack, so my final price was $15.30 and a $5 gift card. Three retail forces converged upon each other made this the perfect storm.

However, Target being my kryptonite, I was completely unable to escape without buying more. I also found a cell phone charge station on clearance for $14, a Dr. Seuss book on sale for $3, the Muppets Take Manhattan on DVD for $5, and this shiny new mirror for $15. Oh Target Clearance, I am powerless against your wily ways!

2 comments:

  1. That diaper deal is called a triple play in the coupon world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - and Surrogates would have been better for you had you not been writing the blog during it - haha!

    ReplyDelete