Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Shopper's Creed

It's an addiction, a sport, a pasttime, a thrill, a necessity, a skill, a pride, a shame, a lifestyle. Shopping. Quite possibly my greatest triumphs and my most crushing defeats have happened not in the workplace or at school, but at the stores! I am a shopper and I challenge anyone to get a better deal than me. I don't have a lot of money; I'm just a working middle-class married new mother with a new house to fill, but I am a talented pro when it comes to buying. Because no matter what they tell you, if you think this or that thing will never go on sale, it always does.

Here you will find a recording of my exploits in the marketplace. Sometimes they are fantastic, like the $1400 I saved on my new refrigerator. Sometimes regrettable, like the one that follows. Unfortunately, I don't have that thing that other people have-- that little voice in your head that says "I don't need that." If it's something I want, then I MUST have it. Why? Because it was shiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment